Tuesday, November 17, 2015

CHANEL GRAND SHOPPING TOTE (GST) DISCONTINUED IN US

I am so bummed out to know that Chanel GST is being discontinued in the US. I went to a Chanel Boutique (Ala Moana Center, Honolulu) yesterday to check if they have the GST and the SA told me that it is being discontinued. I really want to get the GST as my first Chanel bag but so sad they don't have it anymore (in US). She did show me the new totes that they have right now but I don't like them as much as I like the GST. :-(



Photo source: Google

I asked my sister who is in Dubai to check if they have it there and yes they have it. It is almost the same price in the US after tax but of course she has to ship it here for $200 or more. I am not really sure if it is a good idea to have it shipped halfway round the world. It might take some time and we are moving to another state soon. Not a good timing!

I do have other options in mind: Prada Saffiano Double Zip tote and Yves Saint Laurent Classic Monogram Shopping bag. The YSL one is the closest to the Chanel GST.  Love these bags! Classic looking pieces and cost a few bucks less than the Chanel GST.


Prada Saffiano Tote - $2,230 before tax
YSL Shopping Bag - $2,550 before tax


Photo source: Google and Barneys New York website


So, I might get the YSL one...I will see... It has almost the same design with the Chanel GST.  I still have to think about it. What do you think?



I have my eyes on these too:





Monogram Medium shoulder bag - $2,450





Monogram Large shoulder bag - $2,790









Thanks for visiting!







XO,
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave your comment and thank you for visiting my page!